Youth Rally | Mission Possible

Good Afternoon everyone!!

My how March has flown by fast! It's been a busy month, not only in school and church but for Abi and I. 

Last Saturday the both of us attended a youth rally and I just want to briefly share with y'all what it was about. Our church took a busload of teenagers and some adults and it was all a real blessing. They had Pastor Adam Thompson from Texas preach and had a few missionaries give a thought from the Word of God. 

The theme was "Mission Possible" taken from Mission Impossible and it was all about reaching out into the world. Life isn't easy and it's quite the roller coaster extravaganza but that doesn't give us an excuse to give up. He was preaching from Luke about the prodigal son and how he wasted his inheritance from his father, yet when he came back his father had open arms towards him and welcomed him home. Pastor Thompson went on to talk about how as Christian teens, we have it all and we need not to waste what God has given us. Even to those that are in the worst of situations, I can promise you there is someone much worse. 

I constantly say this "Live your life for something that truly matters" and while you may be like "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard all this" I challenge you to take a look at your life and examine what you are doing with what God has given you. Maybe you have a musical talent? Try playing a special in church! Or perhaps you are good with people? Try soulwinning and getting involved in your church's bus ministry if you have one! There's always that thought of "Oh I don't have a talent." Yes you do. Stop saying that lol. Everyone does! It may not be something like underwater basket weaving or something crazy like that but God has equipped you with abilities he has given JUST for you. No one can replace you or come close to who you are :)

The rally overall gave me a boost to keep going and keep my eyes on Christ. I loved these verses that specifically were mentioned that night. 

John 4:34-36 - Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

Matthew 28:19-20 -  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I dedicated my life to Christ when I was 10. I promised that I would do whatever He wanted me to. But that night, I decided I wasn't going to waste my inheritance on this world, but to use it all for God's Glory. I may not be good at something but I will give it my all. Christ gave me everything, I need to do the same. 

Have a great rest of the week everyone. Let's finish March strongly!! :)

-Ang Ranstrom

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year. New Beginnings. New Chances.

Reading your ENTIRE Bible In A Year / Your Time With God

"March"ing On!